Wednesday 25 July 2012

Web 2.0 Learning Opportunity: My Experience


Training in Web 2.0 has been a very enriching experience. Through that workshop, I had the opportunity to come across a wide range of web 2.0 tools that would be indeed very helpful to me namely the RSS feeds, Google Docs/ Drive, Google Reader, Wikis, PB works, wiki educator, VoIP, Google chat and blogging.

Web 2.0 tools have equipped me with skills to search, organise and disseminate relevant information in a short lapse of time as well as to create platforms and forums for collaborative work and subject matter discussions.

Web 2.0 is the right tool to enhance the sharing of knowledge and build collaboration. It will provide me with the ability to improve upon the more traditional forms of internet based communication (e.g. email) and allows for that process to be more immediate and fluid. As technologies change and become more adaptive to the needs of none technical users, uses of these technologies will become a part of our   everyday experience.

I wish to thank Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation EU-ACP (CTA), Faculty of Agriculture, University of Mauritius (UoM) and Food andAgricultural Research Council (FARC) for giving me the opportunity to follow this Web 2.0 workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment